VMware Cloud Community
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Failed to promote default configuration user as admin in VIDM 3.3.6

Hi,

I have a vrealize suite environment: vRLCM 8.12 and a cluster of vIDM 3.3.6, when i try to uprade the vIDM i got many strange error before starting the upgrade (when triggering the inventory scync and remidiating the cluster) : 

1/ Ensure that ACShealth is up for the 3rd node of VIDM cluster

2/ LCMVIDM71059 error : Failed to promote the default user configuration user as admin for the vidm cluster.

3/ I can not access the https://vIDMhostnameFQDN:8443/cfg/ 

Thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I resolved the problem, the service ACShealth of one node was down also problems in elastic search service (viewed in diagnostic dashboards in vIDM UI). So restarting the vIDM cluster has resolved the problem and the upgrade from 3.3.6 to 3.3.7 was successfully done. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Braao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Make sure you are using a user's credentials as per the specific specifications to perform this action. The default configuration user needs to have privileges to add users to admin groups.

Check Admin Group: Make sure the group you are trying to add or the user is actually configured as an admin group in VIDM.

Connection or Network Error: Sometimes network or connection errors can prevent proper communication between VIDM components. Make sure there are no connectivity issues between system components.

Restart Services: Sometimes temporary issues can be resolved by restarting the relevant VIDM services. Try to restart the services and retry the promote action of the VIDM

0 Kudos
Braao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Access the console or virtual machine where VIDM is installed.

Identify the VIDM services that are related to authentication, user management, and administrative functions.

It may be necessary to stop services one at a time and restart them.

To do this, depending on the operating system of the VIDM server, you can use commands like systemctl restart or service restart.

After restarting the relevant services, try promoting the default configuration user as an administrator again.

Keep in mind that the exact naming of services and commands may vary based on your operating system and your specific VIDM configuration.

ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i am using the default configuration user between vRLCM and VIDM configidm which is by default a super admin and a Read only admin, and he didnt try to add users to admin group, its just lunching inventory trigger or remidiate from the VRLCM that didnt work. Thank you 

0 Kudos
ca_fahem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I resolved the problem, the service ACShealth of one node was down also problems in elastic search service (viewed in diagnostic dashboards in vIDM UI). So restarting the vIDM cluster has resolved the problem and the upgrade from 3.3.6 to 3.3.7 was successfully done. Thank you. 

0 Kudos