VMware Cloud Community
M3VM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROPS CASA api implentation gives CasaException and 500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

I ran the rest API of vROPS in rest client which is a CaSA API to configure slice name in vROPS

I got the 500 Internal Error with the error message as follows:

{"error_message_key":"general.failure","error_arguments":["com.vmware.vcops.casa.exception.CasaException: Update slice info failed"]}

Any help to solve this error is appreciated

Thanks

3 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you haven't see William's script here, maybe take a look at it for an example.  It includes setting the slice name via the CaSA API.

Configuring vROps 6.0 using CaSA REST API · lamw/vghetto-scripts@c030f17 · GitHub

Can you share how you're making the API call?  Are you configuring a new cluster or adding a node to an existing one?

M3VM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Screenshots are attached.

Configure cluster name api call executed succesfully. After that, when configure slice name api call was executed, then got the error

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I tested configuring a new 6.3 cluster and it worked, but after trying some different things I found that if I put an invalid node address at the end of the URL I would get the same error.  Maybe try using the DNS name or FQDN instead of the IP address, e.g. "/slice/hostname.domain.com".  If the cluster is online and you're able to login to the admin UI try using what it shows there for the node address.

0 Kudos