VMware Cloud Community
srodenburg
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vROPS 8.10.2 - Cannot create Super Metrics

Hello,

I'm at a customer who wanted me to create supermetrics und do cool stuff with them. The problem is that even as local user "admin" the "add button" in "configure -> super metrics" is not visible. There simply is no "add" button.

Only the "actions" dropdown is visible. In that dropdown, only "export" is visible but not delete or import not at all (even when they are greyed out because there are no Super Metrics yet, they should be visible in the dropdown). I already cleared browser caches etc.

I'm not asking how to create or enable Super Metrics. I know.
I am asking why there is no "Add" button and no Import/delete options in the "Actions" dropdown box. Maybe someone knows.

Kind regards,
Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
souzader
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI @srodenburg 

it seems to be a license issue. Super metric is available just on advanced and enterprise editions.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/docs/vmw-datasheet-vmware-aria-ope...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
souzader
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI @srodenburg 

it seems to be a license issue. Super metric is available just on advanced and enterprise editions.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/docs/vmw-datasheet-vmware-aria-ope...

0 Kudos
srodenburg
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

And yes.... the customer thought they have "Advanced", but they have the Standard license.

Thanks for the heads-up.

It also explains why importing views and reports don't work, as "Customizable Dashboards, Reports and Views" are not part of the Standard license either.

What I find annoying though, is that when trying to import a view or a report from another vROPS system (with the same version), all imports fail with "failed to import content: invalid format" which totally sent me into the woods.
It should say "failed to import content: invalid license" or something useful. This would explain the real reason for the failed imports and not make me think that all my exports are corrupt or something.

Cheers,
Steve

0 Kudos