VMware Cloud Community
Seranor20111014
Contributor
Contributor

vROPS 6.6.1 with Horizon View Adapter 6.4.0

Hi,

I updated recently to vROPS 6.6.1.

My question is about the "Total Logon Time". I thought this value is the addition of "App Stack Attach Time" + "Profile Load Time" + "Shell Load Time" + "Interactive Session Time", but my Total Logon Time is a lot higher than the addition of the single times, so where is the gap?

This is not an issue of one, almost all logons show this behavior no matter if they are on a linked clone or on a full clone.

All Userprofiles are redirected by GPO as well as the user home.

Here is a screenshot of this:

pastedImage_1.png

By the way, we do using App Volumes at this time, so the "App Stack Attach Time" is not reasonable here.

Used Versions:

vROPS Appliance 6.6.1

vCenter 5.5.U3

Horizon View 6.2.4 (some Agents are still on 6.2.3 but this will be fixed within the next few weeks)

Can anyone help me to find the missing seconds?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Seranor20111014
Contributor
Contributor

We are NOT using App Volumes, wrong within first post, sorry

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

are you using non-persistence desktops? why because there are few things that are missing for NP VDI on this dashboard view, even I am having the same issue

but I am getting information from logon monitor tool, which is sub component of horizon view agent 7.3.2

Regards,

Vkmr.

Seranor20111014
Contributor
Contributor

After the recommendation of my TAM, I updated my vrops module view to the latest one (guess it is 6.5.x) to resolve this problem, but the results still differs from vROPS and helpDesk inside Horizon View.

And yes we are using non persistent desktops because the main client usage is by default office, browser, email, nothing special. On a security perspective it is really helpful not store any data on the client itself, because after logoff the client is deleted and a new one is going to be created. User specified data (roaming) are redirected to a share by gpo.

With this mechnism we avoid a lot of attack vectors from outside by browsing or more simple: cloaked clients by time and usage.

Hope that was not too weird especiallly with my limited english language skills 🙂

0 Kudos