VMware Cloud Community
NiranY
Contributor
Contributor

vROPS 6.0 Custom Report Schedule

By default there is option to generate reports at an hour interval , Have someone explored the options to increase the frequency of creating such reports i.e. 15 min or 30 min.

I want to create a schedule for generating reports after every 30 min but it seems that it is possible only at one hours interval

Custom Reports - Define Schedule - Start Hour -End Hour

Thanks

NiranY

3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've never seen a case where someone would want a fresh report generated every 15/30min. Realistically, who would read it so often? The historical data stays within vR Ops, so you shouldn't need a hard copy on such a tight interval. E.x. Would you want a copy of your water bill every day? IMO if you're looking for data that is updated every 15min/30min, there is a better solution.. Use a dashboard.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
NiranY
Contributor
Contributor

The metrics data values from these reports will be used in a centralized monitoring system and looking to increase the frequency, I agree to what you say but didn't find any other method so far which could help to share the raw data of vCOPS/vROPS metrics externally... Any suggestions ?

Dashboard is good to visualize but needed more than it :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've got a solution for ya.. RestAPI! Using this, you can fetch objects and metrics from vR Ops nd dump them directly OR indirectly wherever you need them in whatever format. You can also use vRO as the middleman to aid in the integration. Ultimately the API method will keep you hands off in getting the metrics from A to B. Reports are great, but by no means meant to act as the stream of data flowing in to another monitoring system.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos