VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert

vCops integration example with VIN, Chargeback, and vCM?

I am trying to understand the integration from vCops to VIN, Chargeback and vCM?   Can someone explain how and where these integrate from within vCops?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristofPattou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

When you have vCM up and running and have the vCM agents installed on your guests, every change (registry, software install,...) is tracked in the vCM database.

In you vCops, you configure the VCM adapter so there is a link between the two. From this moment you can see the vCM change eventis in the vCops event viewer. So you can better see the reason why performance is degraded or when a failure occurs.

VIN is just a interesting web client plugin to see communication between your VM's, there is no really an integration between vCops and VIN or between vCm and VIN but you can see on the webclient the tcp ports and services that are used between your vm's.

I don't use Chargeback.

hope this explains a bit.

Kristof

bparlier
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

For the Chargeback piece, there are additional view you will get in the Chargeback Manager Server related to capactiy and consumption. There is no additional configuration requirements for this, there is a button in the reports tab of Chargeback called "Dashboard" where you can view the pie charts and graphs generated from vC Ops. Be aware this is not instant though, it will take (a minimum) about 24 hours for this to show any data.

For vIN, from what I understand and have seen in the beta, there will be built in support for vIN in vC Ops 5.6

The Chargeback Manager piece is not an adapter...