VMware Cloud Community
AH28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCOps 5.0.3 for View 'This product is unlicensed' message upon login to '/vcops-custom'

We are running the vCOps Enterprise appliance v5.0.3 with the View Adapter for our View environment. It seems that whenever I login to the '/vcops-custom' site for the first time after a few days (over the weekend, etc.) I receive this message: "This product is unlicensed. Use a vSphere Client to connect to the vCenter Server and assign a license key." Once I type the admin credentials again, I am in with no problem. The admin credentials are definitely not typed incorrectly the first time when I get the licensing message. I am always able to log in fine on the second try and if I go back and type the password incorrectly, I do receive an incorrect password message. Our environment is licensed properly so I feel like this could be a bug?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally I got the Issue Resolved. The solution is , re register the vcenter server to vCOps after upgrading to 5.0.3. It will fix the issue

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am facing the same problem but i am unable to login for 2 days. U mignt be lucky though:smileylaugh:. Any solution for this??

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally I got the Issue Resolved. The solution is , re register the vcenter server to vCOps after upgrading to 5.0.3. It will fix the issue

Thanks

0 Kudos
AH28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have to admit I was skeptical this would fix my issue, because I was not receiving the 'not licensed' message all the time, but I haven't seen it since re-registering the vCenter Server- thanks!

0 Kudos