VMware Cloud Community
IT_Vision
Contributor
Contributor

vCOPS Manager Enterprise Health Dashboard

Hello,

My department is looking to utilize vCOPS Manager Enterprise and would like to display health status of our VM environment on a large flat panel display in the Datacenter so its visible and clear to us of an issue. We use a similar display for helpdesk requests and provides great visibility for all team members.

We have various datacenters with multiple host and VMs. My initial look at vCOPS, this seems like a great product for this as well as many other features.

What I am initially looking to achieve is to create a view/dashboard displaying the Heath badges of one of datacenters, its hosts and VMs. With the various layers of monitoring I am just looking to scratch the surface and hopefully utilize some of the out of the box functions and views, so to begin with a large view of the health badges would be a great start.

Any articles or personal experience in achiving something like this is appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Thanks for using vC Ops and evaluating our product. 

The use case that you have mentioned is an exact use case for the use of vC Ops, but understand it is not limited to just a "Nice" Dashbaord. vC Ops can also be used for Capacity Management, Troubleshooting, ect.

To answer your questions around information around dashboards, I have a blog : www.virtualclouds.co.za that you can look at for ideas.

If you need any specific dashboard let me know and I can see if we can help out.

Please also let us know how your POC is going.

Hugo Strydom

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Addining in John Dias Blog also:

http://www.storagegumbo.com/

0 Kudos
IT_Vision
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hugo,

Thank you very much for the info you have provided. 

As I begin to explore vC Ops I am  quickly realizing how powerful and the many functions it provides.

Thank you again, and I will be sure to let you know what progress I make along the way.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Pleasure,

Please  let me know if you need any help.

0 Kudos