VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCOPS 5.7.1 Application and tiers

Hi all,

I installed 5.7.1 and I have added several vCOPS vCenters. Now I have a little problem. I find hundreds of resources and do not know exactly who they belong to. Let me explain: I would like to build an application that identifies (for each vCenter) datastores that belong to him (in a tier) and a second tier for the VMs. From Application Overview, but I can not filter out these resources to properly add them to the tier.

Can anyone help me?

THX

Matrix

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I see what you're trying to do. Unfortunately you cannot see parent-child relationship from that interface. You can only see (and define yourself, however be careful) relations in 'Environment -> Advanced -> Resource Relationship'. The only way I can think of is creating a good naming scheme in your vSphere vCenter inventory. This way you can easily filter out 'application' VMs and their parent, sibling and sisters based on a string unique to that application. Maintaining VCOPS defined applications and creating corresponding dashboards can be quite time consuming - but can be very rewarding in the end :smileylaugh:.

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you very much for your answer!

Matrix

0 Kudos
TBKing
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you use Tags?

Once you do identify what goes where, tags will help with the dashboards.

0 Kudos