VMware Cloud Community
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

"Failed to register the provided vCenter Server. null" in Initial Setup Wizard

Hi. On the last page of the "Initial Setup Wizard", I get the following error message after I klick "Finish":

---

No vCenter Servers are linked to vCenter Server: [our-vc-name].

---

How do I get past this? As I interpret it, it's trying to register a linked vCenter Server, although there are none.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

I've experienced this error before when i by mistake inserted the FQDN of my vCenter server incorrectly during the installation of capacity planner(if memory serves me right). Possibly you need to specify the FQDN of your VC server during the intial setup steps?

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
hennish
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks, but it didn't seem to be an issue with the FQDN.

Somehow it had already managed to register the plugin in vCenter Server.

I took the old fashioned route and restarted the whole vApp, went through all the steps again, and this time it didn't try to register any non-existant linked vCenter Servers.

0 Kudos
NealSu
Contributor
Contributor

i also had this issue. No matter how often i retried powering the vApp off and on. (i had to do this prior to reaching this step at all, as the wizard would give me "general errors" and such.)

In the end something seemed to have been phony during the deployment. After deleting the vApp and redeploying everything worked at the first shot.

0 Kudos