VMware Cloud Community
rasmusan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

monitoring solution for Cisco UCS/Cisco Catalyst/EMC VNX/VMware environment

hi I am looking for a monitoring solution for a Cisco UCS/Cisco Catalyst/EMC VNX/VMware environment and I cannot seem to find 1 product that does it all. vCOPS seems to be able to accomplish most of it, however I think the Cisco Catalyst networking part is missing and maybe also Cisco UCS? Can any of you Guys help me in the right direction ? thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In your scenario, the Catalyst is a missing part from the equation as vC Ops isn't necessary a SNMP collector for all networking devices. It works best when piggybacking on another solution's data for the network device info. I see people using Solarwinds and such to pull data from.. Solarwinds being one of the easiest since it's just a SQL query against the DB once you figure out what you want.

On Cisco UCS, there is a management pack out for for it called VCE Vision.. however it's not free... far from it. It's OK by the looks of it, but you'd need to weight the PROs/CONs of it considering the cost.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos