VMware Cloud Community
gjbrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

minimum permissions needed in vcenter

I would like to give access to VCops to one of my co-workers.  They should not have access to vcenter.  I does not seem that this can be done, so what is the minimum permissions I need to provide in vcenter so my co-worker can log into vcops?  I tried read only at the top level and he got "Not authorized to logon."

Thx,

Glenn

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

/vSphere UI - create a role that is at least read-only access + global > vCenter Operations Admin/User

- then assign that to the vcenter level and propagate.  This needs to be done on all vCenters that are attached to the vapp.  However, this also grants them the ability to login to the vSphere client.

- there is no such "local user" to the vSphere UI since the GUI is tied to vCenter itself.

/Custom UI - this is an LDAP based integration, but is explained well in the manual. ... I can't recall if this allows for local accounts that are not the 'admin' user.

Best Regards,

Jon Hemming

0 Kudos
gjbrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank John. I saw this but the roles were never created. I did an install in my lab environment as well an no roles their either and my sales engineer didn't have them in his lab.

0 Kudos