VMware Cloud Community
JosePerez99
Contributor
Contributor

disable alert in vrops 8.10

Hello everyone, I would like to see if someone with vrops knowledge can help me.

I am new to vrops, I have an alert that frequently appears on an object, this alert is already controlled, due to the services of that VM it will constantly appear.

Is there a way that this alert can be removed from only that object? I know that it can be disabled from a policy, but I would like to know if there is any way that only this object can be removed, since the policy that it owns has many other objects with the assignment of that policy.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mghal40
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are several things you might look at.

One thing you might try is to go into the Policy Definitions, and edit the Metrics and Properties. You may be able to disable the metric/property that is causing the alert.

You might also look at your Inventory and place the specific object that is the problem into maintenance mode.

Create a Do Not Monitor policy, turn off all alerts for the policy, set the priority as #1. Then create a custom group where the group membership contains those objects you don't want to monitor.

0 Kudos
FredGSanford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Assuming the object type for the alert definition is virtual machine, add a condition of Properties|Configuration|Name not equal to "vmname" so it will trigger on any vm except that one.

FredGSanford_0-1691147786285.png

0 Kudos