VMware Cloud Community
Naineyess
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the calculation behind Health Badge .. ???

I am tring to understand the number reflacted against the Health badge ..  ????

Thanks .. !!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In the vSphere UI the health is calculated from the Workload, Anomalies and Faults badges.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

that's correct

the correlation formula between Health and sub badges is roughly like that-

Health Score per Object = 100 - MAX(Abnormal Workload per Object, Faults)

where
Abnormal Workload per Object = Score Aggregation (Abnormal Workload per Metric)

where the 'abnormal workload per metric' is calculated by taking into account anomalies, capacity, entitlement etc.

-------

but you shouldn't worry that much about the specific number - e.g. there's no big difference between H=68 and H=72

Naineyess
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey thanks for your help .. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Well I am just focusing on the numbers(mainly for Health) ... I just wanted to know how this numbers are calculated .. ??? Is there any formula which is related with Workload, Anomalies and Faults .. .

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The general spirit of the calculation is typically as far as we can go.

Workload is calculated by the adapter, which would be the VMware vCenter adapter. Anomalies levels are judged in relation to their calculated Anomalies threshold.. a watermark, if you will, for when we really start thinking there's a problem with a resource's behavior.  Faults are scored 0,25,50,75 depending on their severity of the event.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos