VMware Cloud Community
kqi
Contributor
Contributor

VMotion, HA and virtual intranet in vcenter 5

I'm trying to migrate a powerd on VM connected to a Virtual Distributed Switch without physical nic attached (virtual intranet), but I get the error :

"Currently connected network interface 'Network adapter 1' uses network 'Distributed Virtual Switch 
(uuid: 5c 5c 22 50 f8 de 99 66-6e 71 20 72 50 23 de b5'), which is not accessible."

I tryed to set config.migrate.test.CompatibleNetworks.VMOnVirtualIntranet to false in the vcenter advanced setting but it doesn't seem to work on vcenter 5 (KB Article: 1003832).

I also modified the file vpxd.cfg and restarted the vcenter services but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kqi
Contributor
Contributor

This is the reply I received from the vmw support :  Engineering have acknowledged this bug and it is going to be included with Update two.  Currently this is scheduled for Q1 2013.

I have to wait one year to see the problem solved!

In the meantime I assigned a physical nic with no cable connected to the vshield protected vDS for each host that is part of the cluster in order to pass the vMotion prerequisite check.

0 Kudos
VMBob
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same exact issue, which was resolved the same exact way.

0 Kudos
wenlaoshi
Contributor
Contributor

During a test I had the same problem and found your post. It seems that only a dvswitch is affected by that problem, it works perfectly with a standard vswitch. So maybe you can use this as a workaround until update 2 is released.

0 Kudos
mosksky7
Contributor
Contributor

What i've done instead was clicked on the vm i want to migrate and drag-drop it to other host in that cluster (current host has standar vSwitch new one has DVswitch) that wroked for me (both hosts 5.1)

0 Kudos