VMware Cloud Community
mahady_hassan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Super metrics for Guest OS Memory Usage doesn't working

Hi All.

I am trying to build a super metrics in which I want to convert (Guest used Memory metrics which showed in unit to  (GB,MB, KB) to percentage (%). but I am not sure of the metrics formula. I have tried below metrics formula but it doesn't seems sending any value. can anyone help me with the formula so that I can create Guest used memory metrics in percent format. Thanks to all in advance

Formula which I tried 

"sum({This Resourceguest|used_memory, depth=3})*100/sum({This Resourcemem|guest_provisioned, depth=3})"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which product does this relate to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mahady_hassan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The problem was in vRops Super metrics Configuration. Anyway I have solved the problem. Thanks for asking.

0 Kudos
mahady_hassan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

The Formula I have used was Valid but it takes time to get the metric updated and after sometimes when data is pulled through metric then I understood What I lack is patience. Thanks all

0 Kudos