VMware Cloud Community
OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

SDDC Solution "Holding on" to Deleted Hosts

I've been noticing what appears to be a "bug" in my vrops environment whereby when a host is removed from vCenter, the object never purges from vrops, even well past my retention settings.  In digging into a bit I noticed multiple Blue & Green "dots" on the host object where the blue dot would say "Not exists" but the green dot would show collecting.  Looking at each solution the dots referenced, the "Not exists" was for the vcenter solution and the "Collecting" was from the SDDC solution.  So as a test, I brought the cluster down, took snapshots, brought it back online, then removed the SDDC adapters.  Nearly instantly, all my host objects that I knew were gone from the environment but still in vrops instantly purged from vrops.

I'd hate to get rid of the sddc adapter as I find some of the features very useful (certificate info, VCSA service info, etc).

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FredGSanford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue was fixed in SDDC 8.10.1.  After upgrading to vROps 8.12 + HF1 and SDDC 8.12, the issue has returned.  The VMware Infrastructure Health mgmt pack has the same issue, but they do call out it being fixed in 8.12 HF2.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FredGSanford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue was fixed in SDDC 8.10.1.  After upgrading to vROps 8.12 + HF1 and SDDC 8.12, the issue has returned.  The VMware Infrastructure Health mgmt pack has the same issue, but they do call out it being fixed in 8.12 HF2.  

OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ha--  since 8.12.1 GA just came out a few weeks back, I never even thought to just for a post 8.12.1 hotfix so soon.  Sure enough HF2 is there and the release notes do indicate the issue is resolved.  And sadly on the SDDC MP side, I didn't have 8.12 installed either.  I could have swore when I looked prior to upgrading from 8.10 to 8.12.1 that the SDDC pack was still only listed as 8.10.  So, in short, I'm on vROps 8.12.1 with SDDC 8.10 and in-reality I should be on 8.12.2 with SDDC 8.12.  I'm pulling down all those bits now and will give that a go & report back.  Thanks for the tip.  Feel a bit silly I missed that much interop differences this go round.

0 Kudos
OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After applying HF2 & getting the SDDC up to the 8.12 release, all is right with the world again.  Thanks for the assist.

0 Kudos