VMware Cloud Community
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Network requirements

Hi

in installation guide there is no information about network. I want to know how much bandwidth is required for collecting Data.

Thanks alot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorina,

I dont know of any white paper on network requirements for data collection. I worked at Integrien before vmware bought us, and NOBODY every talked about minimum network specs. I have seen it install and run without network issues for collection via third party and vcenter data with 10,000s objects without a network team complaint.

Cant say it wont happen, but I still havent seen any network issues.

Are you seeing some issues?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

for us, it is irrelevant. We have 14 Hosts and ~120 VM´s and the bandwith is realy low.

I don´t think that there will be an problem with network bandwith.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorina,

I dont know of any white paper on network requirements for data collection. I worked at Integrien before vmware bought us, and NOBODY every talked about minimum network specs. I have seen it install and run without network issues for collection via third party and vcenter data with 10,000s objects without a network team complaint.

Cant say it wont happen, but I still havent seen any network issues.

Are you seeing some issues?

0 Kudos
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IF we had some vcenters in some locations over WAN .how  much latecy and Bandwidth  and so on from remote collector to OPs are tolerable?

0 Kudos
TaupoJohn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So if we have a small (3 hosts, approx 20 VMs) vCenter server on a remote site with a 2Mb link - do you think we should incorporate that into our main vCOPS setup? Or is it better to configure a seperate vCOPS vapp on the remote site?

Thanks

rgds, John B
0 Kudos
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Excuse Me. I Mean That for WAN deployment how much delay  or bandwidth is Tolerable.if I have some vcenters in remote site . how much bandwidth is reqired from vcenter to OPs.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This doesn't answer your latency, but it'll give you an idea of the bandwidth used.  In this case the data was being pulled from single vCenter instance with over 550 VMs and 7 hosts.

vcops-network.jpg

0 Kudos