VMware Cloud Community
sagarkancherla
Contributor
Contributor

Message Event

Hi,

I am adding a critical message event(notification external event) in my management pack (by listening to queue).  I want these events to surface immediately(ASAP) on the Alerts tab. But it is taking around 15 - 20 min to get displayed. Is there any settings to be done or any way to get alerts for the events immediately ?

Sample Code:

adapterBase.addEvent(resource, notificationEvent);

ExternalEvent notification = EventFactory.createNotificationEvent(System.currentTimeMillis(),
buildEventMessage(event), true);

Regards,

Sagar

7 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

symptom triggers based on its wait cycle, then the alert triggers after it's wait cycle is complete.

There is more information about this in the below quote:

Hope this helps!

The wait cycle setting helps you adjust for sensitivity in your environment. The wait cycle for the alert definition goes into effect after the wait cycle for the symptom definition results in a triggered symptom. In most alert definitions you configure the sensitivity at the symptom level and configure the wait cycle of alert definition to

This configuration ensures that the alert is immediately generated after all of the symptoms are triggered at the desired symptom sensitivity level.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

regards

Gayathri

GayathriS
Expert
Expert

See this article for more information:

Customizing alert sensitivity

https://blogs.vmware.com/management/2016/02/custom-alerting-in-vrealize-operations.html

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
sagarkancherla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In my case, i havent declare any symptom or alert definitions. VROPS is using default notification event symptom and notification event alert definition defined for all object types.

See attached.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

In that case , it will have default wait cycle setted, edit that particular symptom and alert  and check for wait cycles.

regards

gayathri

0 Kudos
sagarkancherla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have added message event notification type alert def and symptom. See attached. When i add a external notification event, the alert is triggered for the first time. If i cancelled the triggered alert and after sometime if i add another external notifcation event the neither the new alert is not getting triggered nor the status is not getting changed.

Plz suggest

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos
sagarkancherla
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
sagarkancherla
Contributor
Contributor

attached