VMware Cloud Community
Virtu89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issue with Remote Collector in vROps 6.6

Hi everyone,

I have deployed a new remote collector but when I go to the wizard in the browser It can´t connect. I have checked the connectivity and it is properly.

I have the issue with the three browsers (IE, firefox, chrome).

pastedImage_1.png

Any idea?

Thanks

Best regards

7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version of vROps? Can you redeploy the collector and show the values you used when deploying it? Do you have forward and reverse DNS functional for this? Need more information to diagnose what is going on, so please provide any details you can on your existing environment and the new collector deployment.

Virtu89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Version of vROps?

6.6.0 5707161

pastedImage_0.png

Can you redeploy the collector and show the values you used when deploying it?

What values do you need to know? In the deploy I specified the size as a Remote collector. (large).

Do you have forward and reverse DNS functional for this?

Yes, I have tried by IP and the result is the same.

Thanks for you help.

Best regards

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What OVF properties did you use during the deployment? Show the error you get and values you provide when you add the remote collector.

Virtu89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The deployment of OVF is properly and the next steps are the following:

In a Web browser, navigate to the name or IP address of the deployed OVF that will become the remote collector node.

The setup wizard appears, and you do not need to log in to vRealize Operations Manager.

Click Expand Existing Cluster.

Click Next.

Enter a name for the node, for example, Remote-1.

From the Node Type drop-down menu, select Remote Collector.

Enter the FQDN or IP address of the master node and click Validate.

Click Accept this certificate and click Next.

If necessary, locate the certificate on the master node and verify the thumbprint.

Verify the vRealize Operations Manager administrator username of admin.

Enter the vRealize Operations Manager administrator password.

Alternatively, instead of a password, type a passphrase that you were given by the vRealize Operations Manager administrator.

Click Next, and click Finish.

The administration interface appears, and it takes several minutes for vRealize Operations Manager to finish adding the remote collector node.    

The one step failed because I can´t connect to the setup wizard. I have checked the conectivity and is properly.

Thanks

Best regards

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Are you deploying the appliance through vCenter or an ESXi host directly?

Virtu89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you've deployed through vCenter and it's pinging and booting to this page

pastedImage_0.png

then you either have something wrong with the deployment or networking issues in your environment preventing you from accessing the appliance in a browser.

6.6.1 is the latest version of the appliance, so you may want to grab that appliance and try to re-deploy. Check and ensure you don't have an IP conflict in your environment. Use a different IP as a test if you must.