VMware Cloud Community
rabidsmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Issue removing old vcenter server from vcops 5

During our upgrade to vsphere 5 we had 2 vcenters (vc1 and vc2) added to our vcops 5. Once everything had been migrated to vsphere 5 on vc2 I removed vc1 from vcops by going into the admin interface and unregistering vc1. After shutting down vc1, as it is no longer used, the logon time to vcops is extremely slow taking 4-5 minutes. If I power the vc1 back up the log on time takes less then 10 seconds. Where else do I need to remove vc1 from? I downloaded the diagnostic information and in UI_VM\local\log\web.log shows that it is still trying to connect to vc1.

2012-05-18 12:11:05,121 ERROR [EnvironmentInfoReloadThread] com.integrien.alive.vm.manager.ConnectionManagerImpl.getAdminVcConn - Skipping VC https://VC1.mydomain/sdk because a connection could not be made. com.integrien.alive.common.exception.VcException: Connecting to VC at https://VC1.mydomain/sdk failed.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hm.

Originally, where was your vcops license applied? On VC1, VC2, or both?

there are workarounds, but I'll let other folks to chime in who are more in-depth with that.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You suggested that you unregister VC 1, right ? My guess is unregistration did not succeed. Do you see VC 1 in list of registerd VCs in admin portal? If not, can you please start your vcops services and try again.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rabidsmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for the responses.

@gradinka - The licence was registered only on vc2

@mnoman - vc1 does not show as registered in the admin portal. I just stopped and restarted services (which also took about 10 minutes each) and it still does not show up. Over the weekend I had thought the same thing so after rebooting the vapp I reregistered vc1 (got an error as I assume it thinks its already registered so did a force register) it showed up fine, waited 15 minutes then I unregistered again and still have the same result when I shut down vc1.

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I will need log bundles. I have pm'ed you ftp info.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rabidsmurf
Contributor
Contributor

I have uploaded the log files (vApp-VCOpsSupport-2012.05.22-11-16-25-0700) but I keep getting an error when replying to your PM. Let me know if you didn't recieve the message and I will try again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks, got the logs.

0 Kudos
rabidsmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck with the logs?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
kmurthy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

This situation needs a closer look at your environment and database to diagnose the issue further. Please raise a support request with vmware support and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Karthik

0 Kudos