VMware Cloud Community
Rah201110141
Contributor
Contributor

How to add customized ( 3rd Party Dashboard ) to vCOPS

I am new to vCOPS 6.0 and trying to add/integrate my 3rd pary solution to vCOPS, i can see my adapter appeared and installed correctly and configured.

How i can add customized Dashboard/widgets as part of my PAK file to show my data collected from my Adapter?

thanks

Rahman

0 Kudos
3 Replies
napalmer7
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if this is the approved answer or not, but it works for me... I create all dashboards/views in a running vROPS appliance using their UI then export them into conf/views and conf/dashboards. You can then call the python vcops-cli.py script in my postAdapters.py to register them all (make sure to add 'import os' at the top too).

# register the views

viewDir = '/usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/StorageAdapter/conf/views';

for file in os.listdir(viewDir):

os.system('python /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/tools/vcopscli/vcops-cli.py view import ' + os.path.join(viewDir, file) );

# register the dashboards

dashDir = '/usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/StorageAdapter/conf/dashboards';

for file in os.listdir(dashDir):

os.system('python /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/tools/vcopscli/vcops-cli.py dashboard import admin 'dashDir'/'+file + ' --retry 15');

# register the views

viewDir = '/usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/StorageAdapter/conf/views';

for file in os.listdir(viewDir):

os.system('python /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/tools/vcopscli/vcops-cli.py view import ' + os.path.join(viewDir, file) );

# register the dashboards

dashDir = '/usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/StorageAdapter/conf/dashboards';

for file in os.listdir(dashDir):

os.system('python /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/tools/vcopscli/vcops-cli.py dashboard import admin '+ os.path.join(dashDir, file) + ' --retry 15');

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When you install the PAK, the dashboards will also be immediately installed and populate on the menu in the drop-down of dashboards. If things don't appear that way, log in using the "admin" account to see any dashboards that may have had post-scripts that only install them for the"admin" user. If the PAK doesn't doesn't contain out of the box dashboards, you'll need to create some yourself int he content>dashboards area of the product.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
z0ltan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Rahman,

I am just starting out on a prototype to plugin a SAN based product into the vROPS infrastructure. Could you please give me some guidelines to get started on? As in, which version to install, where to get the SDK and related documentation, how to setup a testing framework etc. The existing documentation is extremely confusing! Any help would be much appreciated, mate!

Regards,

Timmy

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
0 Kudos