VMware Cloud Community
tamuxu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How could I use vCenterOperationManager efficiently ?

We use vSphere 5.5 and vCenter 5.5 and vCenter Operation Manager 5.8.

Under one vCenter server, it has around 40 ESXi hosts and 550 VM guests and 90 datastores.

We introduced vCenter Operation Manager  for capacitiy management of VM guests and VM hosts and Storage system to understand

system resource usage and usage trends of each VM guests and VM hosts and Storage System and to prevent system trouble and take proactive

preventive action.

We have vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 Advanced license but we do not make good use of vSOM at all.

I took a glance of

vCenter Operations Manager

Getting Started Guide 5.6.

Our first goal is to understand

system resource usage and usage trends of important VM guests and VM hosts and Storage System and to prevent system trouble and take proactive preventive action, at first

only for important servers.

Generally speaking what should I do next  ?

Is there any Best practice documents to achieve that goal ?

I found some low Health ESXi hosts and drilled down but, how could I go back to previous screen to analyze efficiently ?

I found some Low Health ESXi hosts and drilled down, but how could I find the cause of Low Health of ESXi hosts ?

How about for Low Health VM guests and Datastore ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I recommend this new training: VMware vRealize Operations Manager: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0]

5 Day course

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=58804

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos