VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Help with a super metric

I am looking to work out a super metric that will show me how many deployments of 250GB VM sizes are left on a datastore after i take off the 15% buffer.

It will look something like

Datastore name        Usable Capacity (Total - 15%)   Capacity Remaining  Deployments left

xxxxx                       1.5TB                                       400GB                   1

xxxxx                        1.5TB                                      550GB                    2

And so on The first 3 columns are fine as i can use the built in metric Disk Space|Allocation|Usable Capacity & Disk Space|Allocation|Capacity Remaining Value that takes into account my 15% buffer in my policy but i cant work out a super metric to take the Disk Space|Allocation|Capacity Remaining and divide it by 250

The end goal is to have a object widget that i can select a cluster compute resource that will show me all the datastores in that cluster in the above view but cant get a super metric to populate the last column.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Better table

table.png

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Will this help you? (${this, metric=diskspace|alloc|capacityRemainingValue})/250

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

When i use that i get no data. I have confirmed the lun i am using when visualizing the SM is collecting that data using the all metrics under the environment tab.

0 Kudos