VMware Cloud Community
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

HYPERIC - HOW TO SET METRIC FOR MONITORING STATUS OF VM (NAME,IP,MASK,TOOLS-STATE) ON VCOPS DASHBOARD

HI ALL!! Smiley Happy

there is a way to import data-status of vm (name, ip-mask, vmwaretools) on inventory of hyperic to vcops custom dashboard?

the vsphere plug-in seems not capable!

thanks!!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

- vm_name is available from the vmware adapter, so you should be able to configure this;

- vmwaretools - what exactly do you need?

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

i need to import on vcops the info on inventory of any/all resource that we se in hyperic. Seems that the inventory info not present on metrics that provide hyperic

hyperic-inventory-resource.png

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

do you have the hyperic adapter/integration with vc_ops set up?

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

yes and connection works fine.

i can view this resource on vcops.

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

on hyperic i can set any metric available and then see them on vcops custom dashboard, but the info on inventory of the resourse on hyperic i can't export to vcops. not exist the related metrics.

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

guys!! exist any way?!!! add other plug-in?  help plese! :smileycry:

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

i have found this and seems that the info on "Custom Properties Supported:" are not included in the "Supported Metrics:" Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

supported metrics.png

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Properties and Metrics are different, and they both come into vcops. But what's mostly available to use in widgets are metrics

Properties are something which does not change often (like name, ip_adress, etc)

something to check:

- go to "Environment"->"Configuration"->"Attribute packages"

- select the Hyperic adapter, then the resource kind of interest (VM?)

- then click edit. what you see is a list of everything that is collected from that adapter for the selected object (resource kind).

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

they both come into vcops?!! how?!!!  which widget I could use for see the "Properties"???

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

on your snapshot it shows that it is collected by hyperic, but is it forwarded to vcops I don't know. Check what I've suggested (attribute packages)

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

yes but on Attribute package i see on "All attributes" and not present the metric for "Properties" (name, ip_address,etc)

vcops_all_attributes_hyperic.JPG

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This answer applies to the Hyperic vCops adapter 5.7 and up.

Any metric you want to add to vCOps should be defined in Hyperic as an indicator.

Regarding properties, only part of these are imported to vCOps. You can see them under Select the resource under Environment, and then click on the Edit Resource button.

gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I *think* you can't use properties in the widgets Smiley Sad
properties show up in the predefined details pages, like resource_detail (see below).

That doesn't mean what you need is not_possible to do though.

First make sure those come into vcops, as @adarm suggests. If they are not forwarded, this has to be configured on the hyperic side first

2014-02-26_173018.jpg

vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

##Regarding properties, only part of these are imported to vCOps. You can see them under Select the resource under Environment, and then click on the Edit Resource button.##

I know, but in the Edit Reosource we can see the same properties that we can see on Resource Widget....and nothing more Smiley Sad

0 Kudos