VMware Cloud Community
SteveWag
Contributor
Contributor

Exclude an alert to a Notification

We have vRealize 8.6.2 and recently setup notifications to an external system for alerting us out of hours via an API which all integrates well.
At the moment it's suppressed as on the external tool we're seeing too much alerting (If that makes sense).

As and example we receive alerts relating to "CPU I/O wait", what's the best way to suppress alerts like this being sent?
I still want to see them under the Troubleshoot > Alerts page just not be 'sent' out via the notification.

I can see under the Default policy that for "Virtual machine has CPU contention due to long wait for I/O events" I can disable it but will that then block such alerts from being reported in the Troubleshoot > Alerts page?

I'm after the principal of the best way to prevent these from being sent as notifications than the specific alert above, there are many and numerous I'd prefer not to see at various levels of criticality so looking for the method to block so I can perform across multiple alerts.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
souzader
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @SteveWag 

if you disable it in the policy, the alert will no longer be generated in Troubleshoot > Alerts page.

The best way to do this, would be to configure Alert Scope in the notifications settings as Alert Definition and select all the alerts that you want to be triggered and sent to an external system.

You can select multiple alert definitions as conditions for a notification to trigger.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations/Cloud/com.vmware.vcom.config.doc/GUID-86831697-53E3-4...

0 Kudos