VMware Cloud Community
Meeran_Rizvi
Contributor
Contributor

Error while configuring cluster in vROPS 6.6

Hi Guys,

I am facing an issue while configuring cluster on vROPS 6.6.

I deployed the vROPS in my esxi host and configured the IP,When i try to open the the IP in my browser for cluster configuration it shows the following error message:

"The node is not in a state suitable for configuration, check logs for details."

Attached Screenshot for reference.

Thanks,

Rizvi

11 Replies
mprazeres183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Meeran,

Please check this Response who could help you:

Not able to start the vCenter Operation Manager for vROps 6.0

VMware Knowledge Base

Best regards,

Marco

Check my blog, and if my answere resolved the issue, please provide a feedback. Marco Frias - VMware is my World www.vmtn.blog
0 Kudos
Meeran_Rizvi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your assistance.I gone through that links but it doesn't helps me out.

Regards,

Rizvi.

0 Kudos
mprazeres183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you send me the Logs? So that I can try to figure it out?
I have vROPS myself on our infrastructure I would like to recreate the same issue, to see what the problem maight be.

Best regards,

Marco

Check my blog, and if my answere resolved the issue, please provide a feedback. Marco Frias - VMware is my World www.vmtn.blog
0 Kudos
Meeran_Rizvi
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please tell me where the logs would be?

Regards,

Rizvi.

0 Kudos
Meeran_Rizvi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marco,

​I have found a vCOPS log directory,There is a file called vcops-firstboot.log

​Is that the log you needed?

Regards,

Rizvi.

0 Kudos
mprazeres183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Rizvi,

Sorry I was in a Call till now.

Yes, please send me this LOG, but can you please also check on the vCenter / Host under the vROPS server if you find any LOGS on the Tasks or Events that are correlated to this issue?

Best regards,

Marco

Meeran_Rizvi
Contributor
Contributor

I attached the vrops log for your reference & i didn't find any Task and Events logs related to this issue in vCenter server.

Regards,

Rizvi.

0 Kudos
Meeran_Rizvi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marco,

Any Updates regarding this issue?

Regards,

Rizvi

0 Kudos
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @Meeran_rizvi

The line "Unable to find the ovf environment." seems to suggest that is your problem.

Did you deploy directly to ESXi or via vCenter ? If you did it directly to esxi, try via vCenter.

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk
0 Kudos
Forsbring
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi.

I get the same error message, but cannot find anything matching "Unable to find the ovf environment" in the vcops-firstboot.log.

The special about my installation is that it's IPv6 only. Is that a problem?

- Werner

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

These are the requirements and limitations for IPv6 support.

Using IPv6 with vRealize Operations Manager

vRealize Operations Manager supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), the network addressing

convention that will eventually replace IPv4. Use of IPv6 with vRealize Operations Manager requires

that certain limitations be observed.

Using IPv6

• All vRealize Operations Manager cluster nodes, including remote collectors, must have IPv6

addresses.

Do not mix IPv6 and IPv4.

• All vRealize Operations Manager cluster nodes, including remote collectors, must be vApp

based.

• Use global IPv6 addresses only. Link-local addresses are not supported.
  • If any nodes use DHCP, your DHCP server must be configured to support IPv6.
  • DHCP is only supported on data nodes and remote collectors. Master nodes and replica nodes

still require fixed addresses, which is true for IPv4 as well.

• Your DNS server must be configured to support IPv6.
  • When adding nodes to the cluster, remember to enter the IPv6 address of the master node.
  • When registering a VMware vCenter® instance within vRealize Operations Manager, place square

brackets around the IPv6 address of your VMware vCenter Server® system if vCenter is also using

IPv6.

For   example:   [2015:0db8:85a3:0042:1000:8a2e:0360:7334]

0 Kudos