VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Error Messages

Hello,

i am new to the vcops and i need some help. We´ve got some warnings and errors in the alerts tab and i want to delete it.

But every time i want to delete a alert, i got the message "please select fault alert". But i selected the alert i want to delete 😞

I am not able to delete any waring or alert.

Any ideas how i can delete a warning or alert?

Thanks

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Frank,

You can only delete Fauls. Fault are waht is generated by vCenter (ie Nic lost connectivity). You can see the Faults under the Health Badge.

All other Warnings/errors that is related to Compliacy, Stress, Capacity,..., you can only get rid of if you fix the issue.

Example, Warning of Low disk space. If you add more disk space the error will go away.

If you are trying to delete a fault and it does not want to go away, can you please post a screenshot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Frank,

You can only delete Fauls. Fault are waht is generated by vCenter (ie Nic lost connectivity). You can see the Faults under the Health Badge.

All other Warnings/errors that is related to Compliacy, Stress, Capacity,..., you can only get rid of if you fix the issue.

Example, Warning of Low disk space. If you add more disk space the error will go away.

If you are trying to delete a fault and it does not want to go away, can you please post a screenshot.

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your help. You see a screen shot. Am i able to delete such a error? Or do i have to fix it on the server itself.

Thanks

Frank

Unbenannt.JPG

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Frank,

It Stress thus you have undersized the VM (Or the VM Unsersize settings is to "strict")

You would have to give the VM more resources.

Also make sure your Undersize Settings is correctly set.

To answer you question...you need to fix it...cant delete it.