VMware Cloud Community
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor

Dashboards not displaying data after 5.8 Upgrade

Has anyone had any issues with custom dashboards not displaying data correctly after upgrading to 5.8?  To give some more background I had IE, Chrome, and Firefox on my VDI all showing dashboards correctly before the 5.8 upgrade.  Now when I try to login most of my dashboards don't display data correctly or don't even populate.  If I go to another clean VDI machine everything works and displays just fine using the same login account and browsers installed.  So I know this probably isn't a vCenter Ops server issue, but it tends to lead toward a browser caching issue of some kind.  What is puzzling is that its doing it in IE, Chrome, and Firefox which all have separate caches.   Just thought I would see if anyone else had this issue or not before I rebuild my primary VDI.   To give an idea of what it looks like under Chrome here is a screenshot of what I see when I click on Admin, Support, Info, Go to support dashboard.

Screenshot.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'd be leaning towards a browser caching issue. Since you already tried another VDI machine and it worked, have you tried another 'user account' on your offending VDI machine? It may just be something cached in your user account and not a machine-level issue.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

maybe you have a common proxy server?

0 Kudos
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor

Its funny all of a sudden all of my browsers started working again from my VDI with no issues.  Thanks for all of the suggestions.

0 Kudos