VMware Cloud Community
wbabineaux
Contributor
Contributor

Clone Alert: Fully-automated DRS-enabled cluster has CPU contention caused by less than half of the virtual machines

Hi all,

We have been receiving this alert on some of the DRS-enabled clusters. We want to be alerted when we have an Immediate/Critical issue. I have tried to clone the above Alert and remove the Warning symptoms for each symptom set. I am receiving an error when trying to clone the alert. I have tried to clone it first, before removing the Warning symptoms, still does not work.

We are using a standard license and should be able to clone/create new alerts.

I am not able to set the symptoms in the policy to Disabled, it keeps forcing the symptoms back to Enabled. I cannot negate the symptoms in the original alert, nor do I want to, as it will reset OOB definitions when I next upgrade.

Is anyone able to successfully clone the above alert and remove just the Warning symptoms? Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Alert:  Fully-automated DRS-enabled cluster has CPU contention caused by less than half of the virtual machines

EDIT: I am using the admin when I try to clone the alert. I have also tried to create the alert from scratch, but that does not seem to work. I have also been able to create the alert without the DRS symptom set, but this would not help me as I want to see the Immediate/Critical alerts for a DRS-enabled cluster.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies