VMware Cloud Community
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor

Auto Login for Custom UI?

Does anyone have a solution to auto login with a username and password for the custom UI?  We have vCenter Ops displayed on 4 large TV's in our area and once a week all of the Firefox windows will just timeout and the only solution is to close the browsers and log back in.  I was thinking of creating a macro to type in the username and password as I have tried multiple browser plug-ins to try and have it single signon but none of them can detect the login fields.  Just throwing it out for any ideas before I create my own.  Thank You

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I guess you have increased the timeout to "unlimited" in the web.xml file?
VMware KB: Changing or disabling the UI session timeout for vCenter Operations Manager vApp

as to scripts, Selenium should work.. also Perl with the appropriate modules should work (haven't tried though)

JLackman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have used Firefox with "ReloadEvery" for this exact same scenario. Did you try it and it didn't work?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reloadevery/

vincikb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions I will try them both.

0 Kudos
vincikb
Contributor
Contributor

The ReloadEvery Firefox addon helps a bit but even after 1 week Firefox just gives up and the dashboard widgets timeout.  Even if you try and manually refresh the browser nothing happens.  The only thing I was able to do was schedule a task once a week to close all of the browsers, load them all again, and then wrote a macro to auto log back in.

0 Kudos