VMware Cloud Community
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

503 vsphere ui reports - pdf blank

I am running reports from vsphere UI and all pdf are blank, but csv are populated. Anyone know what to do to resolve this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Any relevant errors in the logs?

I have seem empty PDFs when DejaVM font is not available - but this was only on development builds, not on something that is GA.

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

in the custom ui under admin/logs.. which logs? Nothing under vcenter operations web.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

mostly check:

"/var/log/vmware/ciq.*"
"/data/vcops/log/web_std*.*"

on the UI_VM

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

gradinka... did a tail -f on ciq log as instructed and see error - could not load the font. pdfFontName is Dialog.plain encoding is Identity-h. This is a 503 818421 vapp. just upgraded in last few weeks.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DejaVMUni.ttf

DejaVuSans.ttf

are usually under tomcat / vsphere-ui webapp / WEB-INF/classes/resources/fonts

Please check if the files are there. I also recommend upgrading to 5.7 - there are new capacity views that you can use for reports. See Now Available: vCenter Operations Manager 5.7 | VMware Virtualization & Cloud Management - V...

Thanks,

Alex D.

ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Gradinka and Alex...

found the path for the jasperreports here /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/jre/lib/fonts/ and the linus pointed to a dir that doesnt exist. I am on the support site and dont see a hotfix listed. We have been evaluating 57 but the customer is not ready for 57 in production yet. How do I get the hotfix to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

patch should be available here :

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=VCOPS-PATCH

but it won't fix the reports for sure, it fixes other issues.

you need the following files in that folder (usr/lib/vmware-vcops/jre/lib/fonts/):

fonts_vapp.png

search for them, copy here, restart and see what happens.

it is possible that the files are under "/usr/java/jre-vmware/lib/fonts/"

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am curious are those files missing on this particular installation or every 5.0.3 GA build has this issue? Anyone else with 5.0.3 observing this issue?

If this is only a problem in this particular installation can we somehow investigate how the files got removed?

Alex D.

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Gradinka... no downloads available. I tried search and get many vcops, but none for patch.

did find these files in /usr/java/jre-vmware/lib/fonts/

DejaVMUni.ttf -> /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/tomcat/webapps/vcops-vsphere/WEB-INF/classes/resources/fonts/DejaVMUni.ttf

DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf -> /usr/lib/ciq/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf

So I should copy these two ttf files to the usr/lib/vmware-vcops/jre/lib/fonts/ is that correct? Do I need to restart all services or a single service?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, maybe you have to contact support to get the patch. I don't really know the logistics Smiley Sad

as to the files, yes - try to copy them, make it look like my snapshot (it's from a 503 instance) .Then restart the services and check what happens.

Hope it works Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Gradinka,.. opened SR for hotfix.

Made fonts dir that was called in jasperreports but didnt exist, then copied both ttf into dir. will restart services later in planned outage window. Results later. Thanks.

David

0 Kudos