VMware Cloud Community
S_Roman
Contributor
Contributor

100 Health after licensing

Hello!

After adding a trial license key for vCOps Health metrics become equal to 100, Health of vcenter servers become 95.

Before licensing Health was about 75 for every item I've mentioned.

There are 150 VMs and license key is for 10000 VMs.Could it be the reason for this discrepancy or there is an another cause?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sateesh_vCloud

Welcome to the Community,

I suspect another factor causing this behavior as Licenses won't interact with data metrics (AFAIK)

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
S_Roman
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I thought so, but I've checked 2 times and Health always grows after adding the licenses to vSphere.

0 Kudos
Monberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In vCops 5.x unlicensed means that the Anomaly badge is not calculated. Without Anomalies the only way to calculate Health is to subtract Workload, eg: Workload = 35, Health = 100-35 = 65.

This a rather limited way of calculating Health as a Datastore at 80% full would have a Health badge of 20...

Always license vCops! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Michael