VMware Cloud Community
moracius
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

loginsight-importer receiving error "Unrecognized provider" while trying to upload offline bundle

Hello,

I'm using the windows client "loginsight-importer" to send ESXi offline vm-support bundle to Aria for Logs 8.10.

The SSL connection is working, but it seems the API is complaining about "Unrecognized provider", looking at the API under sessions, it looks like along with the username and password, we should also provide the authentication provider (like "local" or "active directory"), however the loginsight executable does not have that option looking at the production documentation or help, so I assume its using "local" but still this error keeps showing up after enabling debub level 2 on the client side:

2023-08-16 13:02:01.524830 0x000016e4 <error> CurlConnection:591 | Unexpected connect response code: 400 {"errorMessage":"Unrecognized provider.","errorCode":"FIELD_ERROR"}
2023-08-16 13:02:01.524830 0x000016e4 <debg2> CurlConnection:615 | CurlConnection state has been changed...Disconnected
2023-08-16 13:02:01.525833 0x000016e4 <trace> ImporterApiTran:237| Failed to connect. Error message: {"errorMessage":"Unrecognized provider.","errorCode":"FIELD_ERROR"}

Any ideas on how to fix that? It is a while since I used the loginsight-importer.exe, but in previous versions of the LogInsight appliance it was working (I think last one I tested was 4.8

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sterry__Zheng
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here (I also had a previous working versions 7.x, now already upgraded to 8.14), can't work for offline bundle anymore.

maybe too few people use this function....

Search on google , your post is the only one related, unfortunately no resolution...

0 Kudos
Sterry__Zheng
Contributor
Contributor

My bad, there is no 7.X, the last used working version is 8.2.

0 Kudos
Sterry__Zheng
Contributor
Contributor

Confirmed with several test, version 8.6.2 was the last working version, wish to help some have the same issue 🙂

0 Kudos
moracius
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for confirming...

0 Kudos