i want use VMware-vRealize-Log-Insight-4.0.0-4624504 but now i want to know some feature of this appliance
1 - can it exactly show me why my virtual machine has been restarted ?
2 - can it exactly say me when and why my esxi host has been restarted ? i want exactly know why restarted esxi host for exmple that is reason is for cpu problem or memory or .......
3 - can it exactly say me when one of my physical network has been disconnected?
finally can it exactly collect my logs with different groups ?
can you say me what logs can it show me ??
- you should try to use latest li version (4.3 now)
1. you can add/use relevant content packs (vsphere is included by default) or search-define your own queries/alerts
3. li is analyzing logs either using installed content packs with enabled alerts, or custom alerts defined by you
so if li has log messages showing the net disconnection, you can use content packs alerts or define your owns
- not sure what is "logs with different groups"
- li can show you whatever logs it has received, also alert you for important events
but could not get my answer for example yesterday my esxi host has been restarted and there is not any error or reason in my iml lo in hp ilo and also could not find any reason on vmkernel.log or host.log file now loginsight can create logs for this issue for example why my virtual machine or my esxi host has been restarted???????
li does not create logs. it analyzes received logs (meaning you need to provide that part)
# seems more related to your issues:
- example of esx51 conf to fwd vm logs
- determine why vm was powered of
- determine why esx was powered of