VMware Cloud Community
ARuvVD11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

how can I point the liagent to collect from a network share? ie. directory = [network location]

I've got windows ms sql cluster built on smb 3 for its shared storage. The liagent doesn't seem to recognize anything other than drive letters... any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What i was trying to say is to use a symbolic link, not a drive mapping. A symbolic link should be persistent.

The following website, explains the use of symbolic links and how to create them,The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If i reminder correctly, you cannot use a network path for the directory. It is only possible to use a local path, eg drive mapping.

You could create a symbolic link on a local drive, mapping the network path and use it on the LI agent configuration.

0 Kudos
ARuvVD11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Doesn't really work since mapped network drives are profile specific and only exist with an interactive login.

And, yes.  I tried mapping it to the system account. Doesn't persist through reboots.

0 Kudos
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What i was trying to say is to use a symbolic link, not a drive mapping. A symbolic link should be persistent.

The following website, explains the use of symbolic links and how to create them,The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows