VMware Cloud Community
Joffer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do I use vROps content pack with vR Log Insight for a vROps cluster?

I'm evaluating vRealize Log Insight 3.0 and want my vROps Cluster log via liagent to vRLI. My vROps is a two-node cluster with a master and a data node.

I've read the pdf doc and also seen the good VMware blog: vRealize Operations Manager Content Pack for Log Insight - VMware Blogs

I've added the master node as an Agent in vRLI according to the blog (and doc) and it works. But when I add a new agent for the data node (since it's two different modes and hostnames etc, ref. blog post) using the same structure with changed tags I get the following errors when I save a new group (a group of one host using hostname-filter non the less):

1: section with 'filelog|ANALYTICS-analytics' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

7: section with 'filelog|COLLECTOR-collector' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

14: section with 'filelog|COLLECTOR-collector_wrapper' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

21: section with 'filelog|COLLECTOR-collector_gc' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

28: section with 'filelog|WEB-web' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

35: section with 'filelog|GEMFIRE-gemfire' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

41: section with 'filelog|VIEW_BRIDGE-view_bridge' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

48: section with 'filelog|VCOPS_BRIDGE-vcops_bridge' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

55: section with 'filelog|SUITEAPI-api' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

62: section with 'filelog|SUITEAPI-suite_api' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

69: section with 'filelog|ADMIN_UI-admin_ui' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

75: section with 'filelog|CALL_STACK-call_stack' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

81: section with 'filelog|TOMCAT_WEBAPP-tomcat_webapp' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

87: section with 'filelog|OTHER-other1' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

94: section with 'filelog|OTHER-other2' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

101: section with 'filelog|OTHER-other3' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

107: section with 'filelog|OTHER-watchdog' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

114: section with 'filelog|ADAPTER-vmwareadapter' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

121: section with 'filelog|ADAPTER-vcopsadapter' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

128: section with 'filelog|ADAPTER-openapiadapter' name is already defined in 'com.vmware.vrops.vR Ops 6.x - Master' group

"vR Ops 6.x - Master" is what I've called my agent group for my vROps Master node (one host group). I've called my data node agent group for "vR Ops 6.x - Data"

Do I just change the filelog description/name after the pipe ('|')? Like 'filelog|ANALYTICS-analytics' becomes 'filelog|ANALYTICS-analytics-data' for instance? Or is it a special name of filelog that's linked with the content pack?

vRLI version is 3.0

vROps is v6.1

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmovsisyan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

please get back with newer li+vrops versions for which you have this issue

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Change the names of the filelog sections for each worker node of vROPs so make filelog|ANALYTICS-analytics to filelog|ANALYTICS-analytics_node1 ; the filelog sections in the liagent.ini for master are already configured and working so when you add for worker it sees it there already.

So yes simply change the names of the filelog sections.

0 Kudos