VMware Cloud Community
joebenga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dashboard - Manageable Number

Is there a way to convert or add calculations for the dashboard board integers to make more manageable? The logs i have currently report everything in bytes. When making the dashboard the layout is getting formatted the way i want, but for people who will be monitor the information is kind of useless unless i can convert these bytes to gigabytes.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We can't today using the Table chart.

This has been asked for before and this is the closest feature request I found - Math factor - for values ; you can vote for this and enter a new feature request at loginsight.vmware.com

However internally we do have internal feature request open for this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We can't today using the Table chart.

This has been asked for before and this is the closest feature request I found - Math factor - for values ; you can vote for this and enter a new feature request at loginsight.vmware.com

However internally we do have internal feature request open for this.

joebenga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry if I am miss interrupting your answer. You stated not when using Table Charts, does that mean there is something else I can use to get the desired number?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Some of the math functions Average, Max & Min do some rounding of the numbers so for e.g. the  bytes will be  represented as 200M , 300M etc. but the unit as such is not displayed; so its a step up from the table chart but not exactly what you need.