was wondering if anyone can help at all, We recently had a tech refresh, as part of that the engineer who refreshed the tech created a new cluster and moved all our VMs over to the new Host/Cluster. Since then we have had major problems with vRA.
Every time we try to deploy a machine to that environment it keeps trying to deploy to the old removed cluster.
So my question is, in part,
1. How do you remove the old cluster? We have already removed it from vSphere, but it stubbornly remains in vRA and we cant see a way to delete or remove it.
2. How do you point to the new cluster?
Every time we deploy we get this message -
The following component requests failed: Prod_DC1_Server_2019. Request failed: Machine NewVM: CloneVM : The compute resource 'xx.x.xx.xxx/XX1/host/CLUSTER-OLD' cannot be found..
The above makes sense because that cluster no longer exits, so we did the following -
1. Created a new Fabric Group, and pointed to the new Cluster\Compute Resource.
2. Created a new reservation and pointed it to the new FG.
3. Moved all the VMs off the old reservation and into the new reservation.
I have a sneaking suspicion we need to delete and re-create the existing endpoint and that's maybe where its pointing to the old cluster, but for someone to confirm that or point us to some guides would be great.
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Isn't that message coming from the missing source template?
Since you not only moved all your vm's but most probably also all your templates...
It might be confusing when your "old" template has the same name as the "new" template.
While you only see the name of the selected template blueprint, it references the full path to the template.
Make sure you have a recent inventory run of the resource where your template is.
Go to the blueprint, Machine, Build information, Clone from ...
And there select the correct template (this might look like you select the same again).
Save the blueprint and do a new deploy.