VMware Cloud Community
Tocano
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LCM Content Management Change Tracking

Not sure if this is the right place for this, so feel free to direct me elsewhere if it makes sense.

I'm using the LCM Content Management to capture changes to our Automation/Orchestrator content - like cloud templates, resource actions, and vRO packages. However, I'm struggling to find a good, reliable method for keeping track of what has changed. Right now we're just having everyone add stuff to a central list that when we feel we have a solid foundation and we're ready to perform testing, we can go down the list and capture/deploy the modified content. However, this approach has already proven quite fallible to human error and omission. Surely there's a better approach. 

Is it possible to get an auto-generated list of "here's everything from the capture endpoint that is new/different than the captured content? Same thing with a report on what is different between what's in the captured content vs what's deployed to the various environments.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm certain there has to be something better than just keeping track of a manual list and HOPING we got everything until we deploy and realize we forgot something when we find something breaks.

Thanks,

RR

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies