VMware Cloud Community
PatrickAZ
Contributor
Contributor

workflow problem, cannot expand vcenter tree

I followed a VMware Youtube video https://youtu.be/_J5w7Nvv9PQ?list=PLrFo2o1FG9n4mDNlEai02dI50Ae7g598y , developing your first vmware vco workflow, 3 parts. The instructions from Sergio Sanchez are from an earlier version, I'm using vRO v7.0. The workflow checks for power stat of VM and sends an email. If it's already on it sends an email. Not a bad starter workflow.

I get all the way through validation and run the task. The presentation asks for a mandatory input of "select value as," tree. The operator should be able to expand the tree down into the datacenter folders to select the VM. Once, I click the tree, the little arrow on the left disappears and there are no members indented below.

I run the workflow as a user from the Administrators group. Does this kind of trouble ring a bell with any vCO / vRO scripters?

Thanks, PatrickAZ

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check vRO logs (both server + client logs) for errors happening around the time you expand the tree.

Also, are you able to browse vCenter inventory tree in the vRO Java client (the right-most tab labeled 'Inventory' in the left pane)?

0 Kudos