My Team spends hours sitting in front of New Windows Virtual Machines, configuring the IP Address, Installing Windows updates and forcing Group Policies.
What Plug-in for vRealize Orchestrator Can Automate These Tasks?
PS: Just starting with Orchestrator !!! :smileyblush:
i don' think there is plug-in to automate all of this, but if you are familiar with Powreshell, you can take advantage of the workflow package mentioned here.
Let’s vROC with vRO! | Spas Kaloferov&#039;s Blog
I will be updating this constantly.
Best Regards / Поздрави
Spas Kaloferov | Solutions Architect
I had the same intention...
My solution was:
- WSUS Configuration per GPO or Registry
- vCO Guest scripts for Update check and installation
The main problem is that Windows has no native CLI Commands for Windows Update. So I used a VBS: Searching, Downloading, and Installing Updates (Windows)
I modified it a little bit...
you have different methods to force update, like:
- %windir%\system32\wuauclt.exe /detectnow
- The VBS you found which might be the base for this https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/2d191bcd-3308-4edd-9de2-88dff796b0bc
- You can set all update options via GPO's