VMware Cloud Community
Mokshir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Orchestrator Configurator is extremely slow

Hi there,

I am setting up VRO 6.0.2 Appliance in our lab. I see that the VRO configuration is horribly slow. All I am trying to do is import SSL from individual components like vCenter, SSO and so on and for each it takes around a 3-5 mins. The VRO is configured with 2vCPU, 6GB RAM and using FC Storage on a Symmetrix VMAX.

The VC configuration is killing me.

Please help.

Mohit

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In most cases some inventory item would be taking time to resolve an inventory item (ex:All objects in a vCenter like Clusters, VMs, Data Stores etc) due to bad connection.  That will make the entire vRO/vCO slow down.  In some other cases vRO client may be the culprit, which can be resolved by restarting the vRO/vCO client.

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Some bit of slowness is expected ,  you said you are installing this in your lab environment , Is there  any firewall in between , If the firewall having high latency you may experience slowness .

Does your Infrastructure in 100 MBps or 1 GBps network ? . I am asking this questions since you said it as lab .

Also have you provided sufficient CPU and Memory to vCenter , you know right it requires high amount of memory close to 16 GB if all service working on same VM.

You can optimize the traffic of the VRO/ VRA  and vCenter , if all are in same VLAN by creating an affinity rule in the host, it makes all the VM network between all these management machines will pass through only vSwitch . only work on VM's which is in same VLAN and host.

Thanks & Regards in Plenteous . Hari Rajan
0 Kudos