VMware Cloud Community
Pokiegogrzyba
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRealize Orchestrator Appliance 6.0.3 and vCenter 5.5 U3/vCloud Director 5.6

Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions about compatibility between vRO 6.0.3 and vCenter 5.5 and vCloud Director 5.6:

In vCenter Orchestrator 5.5.2 I have plugin to connect vCO to vCenter (version

vro2.jpg

2.     Another question is about vSphere Web Client integration with vRO. To do this properly first I must use SSO Authentication mode? With LDAP Authentication it won't work?

3.     Someone know if vRO is working with vCloud Director 5.6 ? I only found 5.5.1.2 plugin, but using this plugin I can't connect to vCD (in vCO 5.5.2 I don't have any problems).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

1) Yes, plug-in configuration is by workflows (this is the recommended approach for newer plug-ins; the old Web configuration UI is deprecated and will be removed at some point).

2) Only SSO mode is supported; LDAP won't work. Note that the SSO token is acquired on behalf on the user logged in vSphere Web client so you need to make sure this user has enough permissions to login to vRO.

3) There should be newer versions of this plug-in, and compatibility matrix showing which plug-in version is compatible with given vCD. Not sure where is it, though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

1) Yes, plug-in configuration is by workflows (this is the recommended approach for newer plug-ins; the old Web configuration UI is deprecated and will be removed at some point).

2) Only SSO mode is supported; LDAP won't work. Note that the SSO token is acquired on behalf on the user logged in vSphere Web client so you need to make sure this user has enough permissions to login to vRO.

3) There should be newer versions of this plug-in, and compatibility matrix showing which plug-in version is compatible with given vCD. Not sure where is it, though.