VMware Cloud Community
DanielVaknin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRO NSX Resource configuration

Hi,

We have 2 vRO instances in a cluster (currently under some issue so only 1 is working, but that should b fixed soon), and I wanted to ask about the NSX configuration file.

When I entered the vRO client -> Resources -> NSX -> Configuration, I saw this line:

<property type="string" name="name">vco01</property>

As I said, we have 2 vROs, under F5 LTM load balancer. Can I configure in this property the Load balancer IP address instead of a specific node?

And also, what does this property means? On What does it affect?

3 Replies
DanielVaknin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Does someone know the answer to this?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Resource elements under Resources -> <plugin-name> -> Configuration are (usually) created by corresponding plug-in configuration workflows. The content of the resource element is plug-in specific and not documented, so it is not recommended to change the resource content manually. Instead, you should use the provided configuration workflow(s).

I'm not familiar with NSX plug-in so I can't say which configuration workflows you should use. Check NSX plug-in documentation, and/or what workflows are available under Workflows -> Library -> NSX; I'd expect to find some NSX configuration workflow there.

DanielVaknin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the answer!

I found the configuration workflow, but I still want to know if it is possible to configure the NSX to work with 2 vCOs under F5 LTM load balancer and not directly to 1 vCO.

0 Kudos