VMware Cloud Community
redsand007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRO 8 - REST Call Receiving handshake warning: unrecognized_name error

When making a basic rest call using a transient rest server in vRO I am receiving the following error:

Cannot execute the request: ; received handshake warning: unrecognized_name

I am able to make the same exact call (copy and paste code) to same rest server in vRO7 w/o an error so it seems like something new in vRO8.

Looking up the error I see non vRO solutions that say apply the following setting change:

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false" 

Is there a vRO setting equivalent that can be changed or is there another solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pguinan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, had the same problem.

This is the fix applied to bypass SNI validation (Ideally not recommended) by setting option for Java in vRO 8 -

1. Need to update /opt/charts/vco/templates/deployment.yaml (If you want to create a backup of this file do in another folder)

2. Within deployment.yaml, please look for JVM_OPTS in the section of  "- name: vco-server-app" there is another section for controlcenter which also got JVM_OPTS  you won't need to edit this.

3. At JVM_OPTS  you can add the option "-Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false" (tested it after the line with port 8280)

4. On the next run of "/opt/scripts/deploy.sh" vRO will be deployed with the new option

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pguinan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, had the same problem.

This is the fix applied to bypass SNI validation (Ideally not recommended) by setting option for Java in vRO 8 -

1. Need to update /opt/charts/vco/templates/deployment.yaml (If you want to create a backup of this file do in another folder)

2. Within deployment.yaml, please look for JVM_OPTS in the section of  "- name: vco-server-app" there is another section for controlcenter which also got JVM_OPTS  you won't need to edit this.

3. At JVM_OPTS  you can add the option "-Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false" (tested it after the line with port 8280)

4. On the next run of "/opt/scripts/deploy.sh" vRO will be deployed with the new option

Good luck

JDoweVmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you have a moment

would you upload "/opt/charts/vco/templates/deployment.yam" with the changes, just want to make sure I'm adding it correctly

I get errors after running deploy.sh

0 Kudos