I'm a long time vRA/vRO user but only just now making the jump to the 8.x world. It doesn't seem like there is any way to copy and paste between workflows from the HTML workflow design tools. I'm checking to see if I'm missing something obvious or if this is just not possible? Its a pretty typical part of my development workflow and it really slows me down when I need an object that has a bunch of inputs/outputs already defined and just want to copy it to another workflow. I don't necessarily bust everything out into some action sometimes I just grab something I know does 90% of what I need then modify it. I'm currently starting to convert over a bunch of 7.x extensibility I've done and need to be pretty surgical about it and its much easier to just grab little chunks here and there and drop them into the new workflows.
Anyway... the docs don't really go very deep into how to navigate the client so I figured I'd check and make sure I didn't overlook something or maybe its just not very intuitive.
I cannot find any way to copy part of the schema (nor the variables) from the HTML editor. I guess it needs some improvements, the Java client was excellent.
Is it possible to use the Java client with vRO 8.x? To which URL are you pointing at?
I cannot find it, all I see is this:
I think at this point I'll just suffer through with the HTML client and adjust. I'm trying to keep my 8.x environment as clean as possible and I'd hate to introduce any cruft by hopping back and forth between clients. Maybe I'll do some editing in 7.x and just export / import but I think I can manage with the HTML client. I really hope they figure out a way to enable this in the client.
You need to download the legacy client from vRO7:
Then connect using the Java client to v8.
I found no drawbacks yet. Some limitations: you cannot edit Python and Powershell code, and cannot import v8 packages. But it's up to you, how you work: using the legacy client is completely unsupported.
Just tested and the legacy client cannot connect to 8.4.2, only 8.4.1 - the page /vco/webremoting/vcofactory.service is missing.
The problem here is it keeps me locked into editing with the old client. Once I've made any modifications with the new client I'm committed to using the HTML client. I might use it for the initial creation then once I've got all the cut/paste activities done switch over. I'm always worried about some sort of bug creeping in though with the conversion.