I have a package exported from v7.6 (with the "Edit contents" option ticked). All workflows have the "View contents", "Add to package" and "Edit contents" options ticked.
On importing to an 8.1 system (with HF1), the majority of the imported workflows are not editable, whereas all the imported actions are editable.
Then we have two option. Either you provide an example package with example workflows so that we can easy validate and reproduce the issue or you can open an Support Request ticket.
Thanks for checking, however I can't
This one is editable:
No edit link on this one:
I have v8.1 with the latest service pack (vRealize Automation 22.214.171.12465 (16413777)).
I'm trying to think of what may have happened here. The instance I'm using was originally 8.0.1, upon which I installed a "read only" version of the package ("edit contents" unchecked on package export). The non-editable workflow in my example package was included in this package. The other workflow had not been developed yet.
Since then I added the other workflow (on my 7.5 dev system) whilst the 8.0.1 instance was upgraded to 8.1. After the 8.1 upgrade I deleted all the workflows/actions etc. and imported my updated package (this time exported with "edit contents" checked).
Is it possible something has got corrupted? Any other ideas?
Thanks for the update. It was helpful in order to understand the context. And I have been able to reproduce the issue.
In fact once you import a package without edit permissions the imported workflows cannot be edited nor they can be deleted. Even if the package is deleted (and select all the items to be deleted as well) the workflows would remain.
There is a workaround. You can delete the folder in which this workflow is part of. This would delete all of the containing workflows including the non-editable one.
If there are some other workflows in the folder you could export them in a package and import them after you have deleted the folder to restore them.
popove thanks for getting back to me, I've already tried deleting the folder(s) manually, clearing all components that are contained in the package, but when re-importing the problem still exists.
I've also tried re-creating the package (both in v7.6 and v8.1), nothing is making any difference.