VMware Cloud Community
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRO 8.1 - Workflow Elements Un-editable after package import

I have a package exported from v7.6 (with the "Edit contents" option ticked). All workflows have the "View contents", "Add to package" and "Edit contents" options ticked.

On importing to an 8.1 system (with HF1), the majority of the imported workflows are not editable, whereas all the imported actions are editable.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

popove , ivand

Just to wrap this one up, I'm guessing there was some corruption in my vro database. I got a fresh copy of 8.1 + SP2 installed (original was an upgraded 8.0.1 system), my package imported and all elements are editable as expected.

Thanks,

Tim.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
popove
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Are the workflows which are not editable custom workflows or they are 3rd party workflows part of another package?

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

They are workflows that I've developed myself, so custom.

0 Kudos
popove
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok, can you share your package?

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately not, it's a commercially available product that we're looking to port to v8.1

0 Kudos
ivand
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Then we have two option. Either you provide an example package with example workflows so that we can easy validate and reproduce the issue or you can open an Support Request ticket.

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK, I'll see what I can do, I was hoping it was a common issue that may be quick to resolve, thanks!

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've attached a cut-down version of the package, after import the workflow in the V4 folder is editable, the one in the V2 folder is not.

Grateful for any feedback, thanks!

0 Kudos
popove
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have imported the package on vRO 8.1 GA and I was able to edit the workflows.

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for checking, however I can't Smiley Sad

This one is editable:

pastedImage_1.png

No edit link on this one:

pastedImage_0.png

I have v8.1 with the latest service pack (vRealize Automation 8.1.0.9465 (16413777)).

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm trying to think of what may have happened here. The instance I'm using was originally 8.0.1, upon which I installed a "read only" version of the package ("edit contents" unchecked on package export). The non-editable workflow in my example package was included in this package. The other workflow had not been developed yet.

Since then I added the other workflow (on my 7.5 dev system) whilst the 8.0.1 instance was upgraded to 8.1. After the 8.1 upgrade I deleted all the workflows/actions etc. and imported my updated package (this time exported with "edit contents" checked).

Is it possible something has got corrupted? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

popove​ , ivand​ what would you suggest I try next? Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
popove
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update. It was helpful in order to understand the context. And I have been able to reproduce the issue.

In fact once you import a package without edit permissions the imported workflows cannot be edited nor they can be deleted. Even if the package is deleted (and select all the items to be deleted as well) the workflows would remain.

There is a workaround. You can delete the folder in which this workflow is part of. This would delete all of the containing workflows including the non-editable one.

If there are some other workflows in the folder you could export them in a package and import them after you have deleted the folder to restore them.

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

popove​ thanks for getting back to me, I've already tried deleting the folder(s) manually, clearing all components that are contained in the package, but when re-importing the problem still exists.

I've also tried re-creating the package (both in v7.6 and v8.1), nothing is making any difference.

0 Kudos
TimDScott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

popove , ivand

Just to wrap this one up, I'm guessing there was some corruption in my vro database. I got a fresh copy of 8.1 + SP2 installed (original was an upgraded 8.0.1 system), my package imported and all elements are editable as expected.

Thanks,

Tim.

0 Kudos
mayank_goyal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can try something similar.

https://cloudblogger.co.in/2023/12/30/lock-orchestrator-workflows-make-them-noneditable-cb10131/

-
For more interesting content on Aria Automation, check my blog:
https://cloudblogger.co.in
Tags (1)
0 Kudos