VMware Cloud Community
bry_tech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRO 7.6 Permissions Patch

The issue of vRO 7.6 not having role-based permissions has been discussed before (see Tab 'Permissions' missing in vRO 7.6 client ), and there was mention of a patch that re-added these permissions. I'd like to know if this patch exists, or if there are any other solutions besides vRA authentication.

I had no luck submitting a support ticket so I'm posting here for any VMware reps or others familiar with this issue...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stdrv
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can find the patch in the public vRO 7.6 Cumulative Update KB​. There is also a list of all the fixed bugs there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What do you mean by "I had no luck submitting a support ticket"? You either have support or you don't, and if you don't have support you most likely won't be getting the patch (unless it's posted on a public-facing KB).

0 Kudos
bry_tech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I visited the page to submit a ticket and was unable to progress. Why this is, I do not know. While I am pursuing this issue for my company, this account is not connected to any of the products or contracts my company handles.

If I have to submit a support ticket, I will follow that thread. I was hoping this would save me some time, as a coworker has had similar issues with submitting support tickets.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need to use an account which is tied to your products and has permission to open support requests. So you will need to locate those individuals within your company and either have them open the SR and list you as a contact, or give you permission inside their MyVMware portal to open SRs.

0 Kudos
stdrv
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can find the patch in the public vRO 7.6 Cumulative Update KB​. There is also a list of all the fixed bugs there.

bry_tech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, this was the information I was looking for!

0 Kudos